Another buck converter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ybreethi

i am in hardware design of buck converter with MOSFET as switch...i have designed L and C values...i use R load....
input voltage=24v
output voltage=18v
L=1mH
C=100uF
R=100 ohm
switching frequency=48.828KHz
i use microcontroller program to drive pulse for MOSFET.....but it is very difficult for me to capture pulses and the output is very low....
can u just plz explain me what i have made mistake in my design?

@ sanmoy:
am not using PWM directly..am using microcontroller chip along with driver IC to obtain gate pulse.....

@MrAl
i dunno how to attach my simulink model...bcoz it displays thee file has incorrect extension....

Ybreethi!!! Ihave moved this to another thread.... It's bad practice to hijack other peoples threads.... Hopefully you'll get more help now...

Are you using an N channel FET? If so, you need to take the gate higher than the source to turn it on (and keep it on). I would use a P channel MOSFET. What is the input to the LC filter looking like?Can you see a square wave there? It should have a duty cycle equal to the input voltage/output voltage.

See my tutorials if you want to design one properly - link below... Hope these help

i am using irf640. am getting voltage pulse after LC filter..not a square wave..

You need to use a PFET (as Simonbramble said) and ALSO you need to swap the Drain and Source pins on your FET, so the gate voltage is now referenced to V+ and not to the unstable voltage on the inductor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…