Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another LED matrix display:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute.
With all those LEDs blinking so quickly I didn't get a chance to count them. Hundreds?
I have seen similar projects made for cars and made very cheaply in China.
Usually their LEDs burn out within a couple of days.

In two ways and equal magnitude, you are living the dream and possess natural creativity. LED display artwork just like this was the main reason I began using microcontrollers a long long time ago. Its like a time machine snap shot of my past. Sadly now, my dream and creativity has ran empty :)

Great Job.

Hope you used the Inchworm to program it

I sure did Bill, Inchworm+Unicorn. Makes the development a breeze.

There's actually 94 LEDs (red+blue) in 47 packages. The first one I made up didn't use a PCB, I put the LEDs into an eye shaped aluminium sheet and hand wired them, took hours.

Cool its good.I didn't count LEDs B'cuz I was counting the number of is IC's in Gekos circuit :D

Well now I could have used a PIC with more I/O and ditched the 595's I'll agree with you on that. ;)

But then I would have had to buy one, whereas this design was done entirely out of the bits I already had, apart from the LEDs which I did have to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back