Another PIC Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

Hi, i stumbled upon this programmer available with Jaycar Electronics,

**broken link removed**

I know it doesn't rival the PICkit2 but for people who do not have access to say components such as the 18F2550(my case had to import it!), i believe this is an easy to built programmer with very commonly available components. The schematic is available on the website. It uses winpicprog for downloading the code.

Comments.

PS: I know its a serial programmer so leave that part out.

Last edited:
I used to think that DIY programmers were great but in the end found that they are flakey and end up wasting a lot of time. If you want something that works well, perhaps you should just get the prebuilt PICKit2 - which is about half the price of the Jaycar kit. The PK2 also allows for ICD and programming OTG (irmware deployment without a PC).

It certainly doesn't, WinPicProg only supports parallel port programmers, and doesn't support 30F series devices.

Hi Nigel, i stand corrected. I was supposed to write WIN PIC Programmer. This is the programming software i was talking about. It supports quite a few ICs as seen there.

DL4YHF's WinPic - A PIC Programmer for Windows

@ doug, thanks for the info. I am already the proud owner of a Junebug(thanks to Bill! ). I just posted this because a lot of times people have difficulty getting their hands on components and this here can be made with commonly available ones and also the IC support list is not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…