any such thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunghole

is there any such thing as a voltage amplifier that i can build, i do i have to use a voltage regulator. i have a 12v supply and want to get a higher voltage.
i have a circuit for increasing the current of a regulator (78xx series) but not increasing the voltage. i was thinking of having a LM350K and than a current amplifier after it, but i don't know what the output current after the amplifier will be.

Attachments

• current_amplifier+booster.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 260
a voltage regulator can not give more voltage than that you put into it
so if you want a higher voltage and also with some amps'?
the cheapest way is to get a bigger transformer and go from there

there are some circuits that can double (or even more) your voltage but they power low consumption things

nice example of a voltage booster is the cascade in your TV (if you still have a tube version)

the LM350k is verry usable for a variable power suply but again it's needs more on the input than that it gives out

Robert-Jan

a schematic of the regulator and current amplifier i devised, please check and see if its ok. sorry about the quality, it was only really a quick one. q1 and q2 have B, C, and E to show the pins (right next to the wire), and i want to know if there is a voltage amplifier

Attachments

• lm317t+current_amplifier.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 244
have a look at this
the language is dutch but schematic says enough

Robert-Jan

Attachments

• boosting power supply.pdf
    89.8 KB · Views: 324
rjvh said:
have a look at this
the language is dutch but schematic says enough

Robert-Jan

it looks like diagram No.3 could be a voltage amplifier, but i also found this:

**broken link removed**

i have a 12volt input, and want a 37volt output, so i need a 25volt gain. according to the website, G = 1 + (R2/R1) and values are in ohms
G = gain

i worked out i need R2 to be 48K and R1 to be 2k therefor:

G = 1 + (48,000/2,000) or
25 = 1 + (48,000/2,000)

i will link OUTPUT SIGNAL to Vin of lm317t+current amplifier.jpg and i should have the voltage and current output i require for my situation.

bunghole said:
is there any such thing as a voltage amplifier that i can build, i do i have to use a voltage regulator. i have a 12v supply and want to get a higher voltage.
You need to build a boost converter. A simple transistor one like this one will work:
https://www.romanblack.com/smps/conv.htm
But ones using an IC are better and more efficient:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/01/mc34063a.pdf
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/01/tps61170.pdf
There are lots of different boost regulators out there. Google for what suits your needs.

Last edited:

what are your requirements???

again you canot getting more out as that you put in that works also for the power
(you can't **** if you don't eat)
so if you want 100 Watt of power (voltage level X amps) you looking probably of putting 120 Watt in on the suplying side (that's already a good efficiencie rate)

Robert-Jan

this charger!!1 a transistor boost converter connected to the lm317t schematic, but i don't know if the transistor boost converter will convert the voltage from 12v to 17volts, 'cause i can't get a mc34063a or tps61170

in simple:

i need a boost converter to boost 12volts to 37volts okay, this should make it easier if we know where this thread is actually going or what for.

Attachments

• PowerSonicCharger.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
WOW! We will be rich.
Simply use a 741 opamp with its open-loop gain of 200,000 to amplify a 9V battery voltage to 1.8Mega-Volts.

But a 741 opamp with a power supply of 9V will have an output voltage from 1.2V to 7.8V and a current of up to 20mA.
It amplifies a small signal up to 6.6V peak-to-peak when it has a power supply of 9V.

if i read this than i asume you want to power up somthing
with other words a power supply

Robert-Jan

in simple:

i have a 12vsolar panel and 12volt genarator, i connect those to a voltage booster, and than to and LM317T with a current booster, and that connects to an SLA charger and that connects to a SLA battery. i need the voltage booster and adjustable regulator because the charger requires between 15 and 37 volts. i posted the charger schematic above, along with the LM317T regulator diagram. i get rid of the transformer because i don't need it. along withh the rectifier.

Most "12V" solar panels are rated for 16-18V output. Why not build a charger specifically designed for a solar cell? Same with "12V" generators; they will put out more than 12V. All you need is a max of 14.2V at the battery. Forget about the LM317T, it is the wrong component for this application.

the shematic uses only 1 7812 so the max current is 1.5Amp (if heavily cooled)
input voltage from the transformer is 18 V
a generator has an AC voltage probably a bit moor than 12V (check this and see how much this is in real) rectified
your solar panel suplys also more than 12 V (comecial types also check this) but this supply should be regulated (can be done by a opamp and a FET)
build defenetly some fuses in between the 2 suplys and polarity protection diodes (in case of the solar panel)

Robert-Jan

i am looking for the charge current of 3 to 5 amps, because if i do find a suitable voltage booster and use the lm317 with the current amplifier, i will need it to power the charger

Last edited:
bunghole said:
what about 'the amp'?

forget the amp it is nice for a sensor but for your aplication useles

bunghole said:
i am looking for the charge current of 3 to 5 amps, because if i do find a suitable voltage booster and use the lm317 with the current amplifier, i will need it to power the charger?

make no sense to me

the charger gives flat out not more than 1.5 Amp and i think it's more in the orderof 1 Amp (the 7812 is not capable to give more) and that can be supplyd by your power sources which you want to use

i think of fixing a problem to get the shortest/easyest/cheapest way to solve it

so why you keep holding on things that we explaned already that it can solved more easyer

Robert-Jan

I Will Power A Battery Charger From A Store Via A 200w Inverter That Is Powered By The Solar Panel/generator. It Is Very Humid Where I Am And I Am Also Completely Buggred/tired!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…