Any trace pattern for 555 circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicksan

Does anyone have any trace patterns to make boards for different 555 circuits?
I usually just solder all the components in a ball , its crude and ugly and conserves space but I would like to get away from that.

What do you mean by solder all the components in a ball??
You can use UV type PCB, it can be as small as 1 inch square.
Some software can convert the schematic to layout, you just have to adjust the position a bit.

I take the leads, cut them to length and bend them to whatever component they go to, and solder them all together.
I am just looking for some pre-made patterns for common 555 circuits. I googled but didnt find any, thought maybe someone here had came up with some.

I use stripboard. I plan the wiring layout on grid-lined paper then use a drill-bit to cut the copper tracks where needed. It takes only a few minutes to make a simple circuit like a 555 oscillator.

Why not study the 555 a bit and learn how to use its 3 basic modes:
Astable
Monostable
Bistable

If you learn how to use these 3 basic modes, You wont need to go surfing around forever looking for pre-made board outlines. Much easier learning how to use it and stuff. Go wo www.kpsec.freeuk.com and click on the 555 and 556 link. Teaches you a whole lot you would want to know! Helped me and some of my friends out consierably. I would also reccomend making circuits on perf boards, for example the ones you would get at a radioshack, but electronix express has the same ones radioshack uses but way cheaper!

Hope that helped some

Ive done many projects on perfboard, I dont really like it, I really want to make boards so the project looks clean, not that perfboard is not clean looking.

I don't think most people would etch a board for just a common 555 circuit, they are usually part of a larger project.

Which 555 circuits to you have in mind? I etch ridiculously simple boards all the time, for cosmetic reasons as you do. I'm in Manhattan Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…