Any way of programming PIC 16c54 on Velleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigal_scorpio

Hi guys,

Just wondered if anyone knows how I could program PIC 16c54 OTPs with my Velleman (Maplins) KM8048 VM 111 programmer?

The problem I have is that all the software I have tried that recognises the 16c54 does not recognise my Velleman programmer, and the one that comes with the programmer "progpic2" does not list the 16c54 PIC!

I would willingly build another programmer that had a bigger range of PICs than my Velleman, but can't seem to find one to build that would do a good range of PICs and the 16c54.

Any suggestions?

BTW It would be even better if the programmer was recognised in MPLab unlike my Velleman or the JDM one I built!

The 16C54 uses a parallel programming method. The PICStart Plus can program it. Scrap it unless you have 100s of them. Use a 16F628A instead.

16F54s

blueroomelectronics said:
The 16C54 uses a parallel programming method. The PICStart Plus can program it. Scrap it unless you have 100s of them. Use a 16F628A instead.

Hi Bill,

I do have 20 odd of them and they seem ideal for most small projects I have, I was thinking of just using them up, seems sad to throw em

Regards........Al

bigal_scorpio said:
Hi Bill,

I do have 20 odd of them and they seem ideal for most small projects I have, I was thinking of just using them up, seems sad to throw em

I gave away over 200 of them, they are low spec, OTP, and require an expensive old programmer to use them - cheaper to buy 20 modern PIC's, of much higher specification than a suitable programmer for a C54.

blueroomelectronics said:

hi Al,
As the PICStart + can program the16C54, if you have the programs written in MPLAB asm, I could program for them you.?
As Nigel points out they OTP.

You have my email and home address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…