any1 have a DLP TV with a good lamp??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirelboe

just wondering, i got a DLP 52" TV and i want to test the lamp in it.. when i put my tester up to both pins theres no continuity.. can someone confirm that theres supposed to be continuity between the 2 pins on the lamp??.. or is there another way to test it?..(doesnt look burned, or severed inside the lamp)
thx in advance

Assuming they are similar to LCD projectors?, the lamp isn't a simple filament one, and can only be tested by substitution.

Depending on the set, some automatically disable the set after so many hours use, and force you to change the lamp - but it would have been giving lamp warnings for some time before disabling.

well its a projection TV that someone gave me and had a burnt power board.. so i replaced the board and need to know if the lamp is still good before i spend $140 on a new lamp..
the MN of the TV is:

LG 52SX4D

Like I said on another website, the lamp is probably a fluorescent one.

LG used to be called Goldstar (Korea). The company I worked for sold Goldstar telephone systems to businesses in 1980. Their pcb and soldering was the worst I have ever seen.
They have advanced a lot in 28 years.

Mercury vapour lamps are blue and take a few minutes to turn on (old street lights).
New ones are called high intensity discharge and are the blinding blue ones on cars.
TVs need a white light, not blue.

yea its not vapor or gas cuz i can actually see a coil within the bulb.. looks intact tho, and it is deff white/clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…