Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anybody know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maiden73

hey im a teen who is gonna be heading into some small electronics repair jobs. i dont know squat. maybe somebody out there could tell me a good website or something that might help me learn some parts of radios and stuff. or i would like to see a diagram of the inside of some small elctrical appliances. can anyone help me out? if you can help me e-mail me

You won't want to hear this, but I highly suggest you choose a different job.

mstecha was being a bit blunt there... don't take offence - but essentially, what is implied, is that you really should know something about your job BEFORE you head into the industry.

This may mean spending some months doing amateur (hobbyist) electronics, reading books, surfing the net for anything you don't find or understand in the books, attempting your own projects, starting at a simple level, and gradually getting more complex.

Can you troubleshoot your own appliances? If not, do you think it's wise to start tinkering with other people's appliances?

Just some food for thought.

i guess i should of been more specific

i am not heading into a JOB im heading into a vocational school where they will be TEACHING me how to repair electronics. and the school consuler said that if i dont know anything, he might ask me to switch classes. so like one of you guys said i was gonna read up on and surf the web hoping to learn something before i head into the class. so thats why i was wondering if you guys had any websites to reccomend to me. cause right now all i can find is sites that wanna sell me books or manuals.

Re: i guess i should of been more specific

maiden73 said:
i am not heading into a JOB im heading into a vocational school where they will be TEACHING me how to repair electronics. and the school consuler said that if i dont know anything, he might ask me to switch classes. so like one of you guys said i was gonna read up on and surf the web hoping to learn something before i head into the class. so thats why i was wondering if you guys had any websites to reccomend to me. cause right now all i can find is sites that wanna sell me books or manuals.

To be honest, if you're not already interested in Electronics, and haven't been playing at home for a couple of years building small projects, I wouldn't accept you on the course!.

You really need to have an interest in something like this, and you obviously haven't got this, or you would already know enough to get on the course.

For a start do you already know the absolute basics?, like ohms law, and the resistor colour code?.

Bad Boys R*p* Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly.

Recite this to your professor.

my last point was straight to the point.

For a start do you already know the absolute basics?, like ohms law, and the resistor colour code?.
Before that, he needs to name every single component he is dealing with. If he can't tell an IC from a resistor, then he needs to find some place or some website where a beginner can learn electronics.

One site I do know of is **broken link removed**

It is a whole tutorial online about electronics and it starts at the basics.

Personally, I learned the hard way. I learned by burning thousands of components (accidently of course), and then once I realized that ohms law existed, I stopped burning components. :lol:

i am not heading into a JOB im heading into a vocational school where they will be TEACHING me how to repair electronics. and the school consuler said that if i dont know anything, he might ask me to switch classes.
If there is an electronics class for a beginner as well as the one you are about to enter, go to the beginner class and take it first.

heathtech said:
Bad Boys R*p* Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly.

At college we were taught:
"Bad Boys R*p* Our Young Girls But Virgins Get Wise"

But by that time I'd already been reading resistors for 8 or 9 years, without any mnemonics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back