App to hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njguy

This may have been asked a million times, I am sorry if it has. I looked for it, but couldn't find it. I was wondering how I could have a c++ app on a computer communicate with a series of electronic switches. The App would receive an input from the hardware (like a completed circut) and then produce an output, like opening or closing a switch. I do not even know where to begin. Do they sell electronic switches that you can connect to a usb port, that come with an sdk (ideal world lol). Any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys.

that may do it, I will need it to turn electromagnets on and off rapidly. This is why I may need my own application. Is it possible to use this chip with your own app? Does it come with an sdk (software development kit)?

I dunno if it has SDK, check the link. At $39. bucks most likely not. Here is another link.
**broken link removed**

Just google Digital IO, lots of companies make this stuff.

Take a look the link to the USB bitwacker in my signature. Also can be had assembled and test from sparkfun.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…