Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

are there some standard sizes for pcb projects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozgur84

Hello,

I make some pcbs nowadays and when I search a plastic project box for my pcbs, sometimes I cannot find the one in proper dimensions. Of course some of you can ask that 'why don't you check the available box sizes first and then design your pcb after?' Ok, you are right. But I wonder whether there is a standard size for pcb project which defines the board size exists or not? (I do not mean commercial pcb board sizes which you can buy. what if I want to build a really tiny circuit almost the half size of a commercial board size or slightly bigger?)

Regards

Interesting question.

Some sources (Radio Shack, e.g.) sell PCB/project box combos (with copper clad PCBs for DIY etching).

But I don't think there's anything like "standard" PCB dimensions. I've always had to adjust PCB dimensions to fit the box(s) I intend to put them in, not the other way around...

The only one I know is the Euro card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back