ARMmite Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmonteith

I found a controller that sounds pretty good:
https://www.coridiumcorp.com/index.php
Sounds pretty powerful except a few concerns. Limited memory so having a 100Khz A/D is kind of moot unless you don't need that speed. Plus found out after doing some digging that yeah you can program in their Basic or in C, but if you program in C it wipes out the interpreter and they don't support going back.

My other thought was going the PIC route. But with so many programming options and ways going about it it's almost overwhelming to get a handle on how much the costs are going to be. I don't want to get into having to buy a board, then buy a compiler, and this and that.

That's what I liked about the ARMmite, it's all pretty much there.

I like the PIC where I could make different functions out of different chips though. I guess I'm leary about what ALL I would need and it's total costs.

Michael

It's great for someone starting off or to get going quickly with the device. I too loathe Basic but if the C implementation is a bit of a problem you're messed up trying to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…