Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assault Rifle Ammo Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpentwolf

Alright, so I plan on making a Halo Assault Rifle, and I wanted to have a digital ammo counter display that would start at 32, and everytime I press trigger it would drop down by 1 stopping once it hits 0. What would I have to get to make this work? Need ideas, any help is appreciated.

Also, I'm going to end up making this weapon from scratch, but it won't fire any projectiles or anything so I can use thewhole inside for electronics if need be.

Alright, so I plan on making a Halo Assault Rifle, and I wanted to have a digital ammo counter display that would start at 32, and everytime I press trigger it would drop down by 1 stopping once it hits 0. What would I have to get to make this work? Need ideas, any help is appreciated.

Also, I'm going to end up making this weapon from scratch, but it won't fire any projectiles or anything so I can use thewhole inside for electronics if need be.

Dude, its really an excellent idea, but you need to work more for the down counter.
You can use the 4510 BCD counter IC for this purpose, usually this counter is used to count upwards, for counting downwards you can change the mode using 10th pin of the ic, but you need additional circuits for setting up the count 32.
you need to cascade two counters since you need two digit counting . **broken link removed**
this site might be useful.
for counting the pulses, you can use an optical sensor placed in around the barrel of the rifle.

You could use a pic and use the trigger as an interrupt, at each interrupt the number would decrease by 1 count.
Never played Halo so not sure how the rifle works.

If the rifle is able to do continuous fire (holding the trigger) this can be easily done using a pic also.

This sounds like a fun project, keep us updated on its progress please

cobra1 said:
You could use a pic...

It's even easier to use a PIC when you or someone you know is familiar with PIC programming... otherwise, it can be kinda tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back