Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assemble a mosfet module for hundreds of kiloamperes

v48371

I need to make a switching power supply with a conversion frequency of about 100 kHz with a supply voltage of about 12V and a current consumption of hundreds of thousands of Amps and this is no joke. I need to use MegaJoules of energy per pulse, and the most compact solution is batteries.
I don't want to waste time, this is expensive time of my life, during which I could earn money, clean the house or prepare firewood. “Do better, the worst comes naturally” is a principle of life and I created the topic not for jokes.
My budget is limited and I need to use inexpensive mosfets connected in parallel. I need a ready-made working diagram.
100kHz, 12V, 100kA

IXTN660N04T4 Here is a MOSFET. Don't get too excited about "600A". I have pulsed them to 600 but not used them for seconds at that current.
IRL40SC228 I have used these or something very similar.

We need much more information about the pulse you want. I have reached 2000A at 1000V.

Last edited:
What supply do you have that can source 1.2 megawatts?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back