Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT command pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelam29

Dear friends
m designing a gsm modem based vehicle theft alert system.in which if the door is opened u will get the message on ur mobile abt theft.

now i want to send back message to controller to stop the engine.uptill this step i have done the coding.
now the problem arises that i want my controller to detect only one mobile number thru which stop engine command has to get activated..and not thru any other mobile number.

wht AT command to use for this?
thanks

neelam29 said:
Dear friends
m designing a gsm modem based vehicle theft alert system.in which if the door is opened u will get the message on ur mobile abt theft.

now i want to send back message to controller to stop the engine.uptill this step i have done the coding.
now the problem arises that i want my controller to detect only one mobile number thru which stop engine command has to get activated..and not thru any other mobile number.

wht AT command to use for this?
thanks

There isn't an AT command for this.

If the GSM modem is answering a call, you can have Caller Line Identification turned on (AT+CLIP=1) and then your processor remembers which number the call came from.

If you are using a text message, you can work out the telephone number that sent the text message when you read it.

This is fine until the phone authorised to stop the car is in the car when it is stolen.

In the UK it isn't legal to have remote immobilisers on cars. The poor thieves might get hurt.

However, it OK for the authorities to stop cars when the drivers have made a mistake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjgq2Bgbc_0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back