Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT91SAM7 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started a uC class in which we're learning about the Atmel ARM7 AT91SAM7 series. Id like to pick up an evaluation board, probably with a SAM7S256 on it.

But how do you program it? I saw a few mentions of things like JTAG ICE and such, but they all connected to a parallel port, which I dont have. Does anyone have a good recommendation on a USB programmer?

Last edited:
SparkFun Electronics - JTAG USB OCD Tiny - Programmer/Debugger for ARM processors

There is also an -H version now which is supposed to be faster. I am using it with Crossworks, but it also works with OpenOCD. Not certain if OpenOCD supports the -H version.

Hey, I live in Pickering, if you can drop by you can have one of my old devel boards. I don't use the SAM7 anymore and have been using the newer Coretex-M3 and M0 stuff exclusively now. It's this one:
SparkFun Electronics - Header Board Atmel SAM7-256

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back