AT9C51 Programming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord loh.

I would like to know some references to programming an AT9c51 Controller.
I am not interested in the circuit. I would like to know the procedure.

I have already done some googling and did not find any satisfactory results.

Many thanks.

first, i think you'r talking about the AT89C51 right?

you want to work in asm or C ?

you want books or sites?

Programming 89C51

Its pretty simple, I will suggest you to read AT89C51 datasheet.
Read page no 6, 7 and 8 of the above pdf.
All the information about programming is given there.

This **broken link removed** may be useful to you.

Cheers!

Sarang

Hi, lord loh.

please go thro www.ikalogic.com see the project-- there you find 89s52 programmer. it is simple.
don't use c51/c52 try s51 and s52 . they are flash versions and are cheap .

the programmer can be handwired in about 10-15 mnts.

all the best

mvs sarma said:
don't use c51/c52 try s51 and s52 . they are flash versions and are cheap

And what do you mean by that?

Do you mean to say In-System Programmable (ISP) Flash Memory, as all the device mentioned above use flash memory only.

Well, it is true that if somebody is desinging a new product I will recommend not to go with 89CXX series.

The major difference between 89CXX and 89SXX is AT89SXX device may be in-system programmed via SPI-compatible interface.

But as the author of the topic wants to learn how to program the chip he must be meaning how to do it serially.

AT89S51 have the following additional features than AT89C51

• Full Duplex UART Serial Channel
• Low-power Idle and Power-down Modes
• Interrupt Recovery from Power-down Mode
• Watchdog Timer
• Dual Data Pointer
• Power-off Flag
• Fast Programming Time
• Flexible ISP Programming (Byte and Page Mode)

Cheers!

Sarang

Yah Sarang
these 'S' seires are isp programmable. you are right. anyhow the person may be stating aproject or product-- i try to urge using a better device. you got it right-- thanks

I wanted to specifically make a parallel Programmer using high voltage... Some ICs have some lock bits that once programmed accidently, require parallel programmers to unlock... I am aware of AVRs having this requirements.

Atmels programming protocols and methods are avaiable in PDF format from their site. It's probably cheaper just to buy an STK500 and forget about it. It programs their entire line of AVR micro controllers in any mode.

lord loh. said:
I wanted to specifically make a parallel Programmer using high voltage... Some ICs have some lock bits that once programmed accidently, require parallel programmers to unlock... I am aware of AVRs having this requirements.

Hi Lord LOh

did you consider purchasing the SUNROM TECHNOLOGIES' 89 SERIES PROGRAMMER-- it costs Rs3000/- with usb adopter also. they sell the PCB and programmed IC seperately for 250+110-- other things you have to assemble. I feel , i you can afford 3000/- version should be ok--

Without USB version, it costs 2000/-, as i tried to enquire.

other wise they have another 1000/- model. please see the site www.sunrom.com all above modela may not have ide facility.
but they are far cheaper than stk500

Last edited:
parallel programming

lord loh. said:
I wanted to specifically make a parallel Programmer using high voltage...

get it all here:

**broken link removed**

I did the same thing. I built a parallel programmer following this circuit and looking closely at the datasheets. I also did one for avr's.

The source code is there also. For the VPP switching circuit, I prefer this one below. I use the same circuit for avr with the exception of the 5V6 (Z1) diode must be removed. This will allow the circuit to go from 0V to 12V and not 5V to 12V for the 89C51.

I substituted 2N3904's for the BC547's and a 4.7K resistor in place of the 3.3K which is what I had to work with and it works perfectly no matter what the input voltage is from the wal wart.

Good Luck

Attachments

• switching_VPP_89C51.gif
    27.9 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
I did the same thing. I built a parallel programmer following this circuit and looking closely at the datasheets. I also did one for avr's....
originally posted by johnsmith123

Well how about isp programmer; its much cheaper and handy than that.
Here's the link.
**broken link removed**

aleen said:
Well how about isp programmer; its much cheaper and handy than that.
Here's the link.
**broken link removed**

I think, Lord Loh has already expressed his need for parallel port programmer-- for the chips he already has and need to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…