Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATMEGA8 multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

yafch

Hello everybody!

this is my first post in this forum,need some help on the project.link is below.
The problem is LCd. To get all the features of this multimeter a 16*2 character lcd is needed, but i have five 20*2 lines character lcds lying around.They are very cheap,made in china.An original 16*2 lines character lcd would cost equal to the cost of three of these lcds(2*20).i want to use one of them but i think they won,t work without making changes in the firmware.my knowledge of programming is limited so can,t do without help. can i get some help pease. thanks a lot.
Power Supply Unit Multimeter

You should be able to simply swap the LCD module, all such LCD's are actually 2x40, with a 'window' of a smaller widh over that display.

I use 2x16, 2x20, and 2x40 totally interchangeably.

thanks for the reply.i can go on now and build the board to test the lcd. i,ll come back in a couple of days to tell the results.actuall y the confusion arose when someone on another forum told me that for this kind of lcd the project needs total redesign. anyway thanks a million.

today i completed the board. it worked shokingly very well.i could see the display working as i wished to see it.thanks for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back