ATTEN oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdanh2002

Has anybody here used one before? I am thinking of getting one, 60 MHz and above. In particular I am looking at these two

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I could not find detailed specs or manual for them online. Especially for memory depth, many sources have different information. Some say it's 4k, some say it's 1M per channel. I am confused.

Any advice? Thanks.

Are you a good gambler? If you buy cheap junk made by an unknown Chinese manufacturer maybe in a basement with bits of string and chewing gum do you think it will work? With no detailed spec's?
Good luck if you buy the junk.

Well, this would be my first online bought digital oscilloscope. I have a few second hand analog oscilloscopes which work well. I did some research and Atten and Rigol are 2 manufacturers of low-end digital oscilloscopes. Can't resist the price (I know somebody must take my credit cards away from me!) since I need to work on microcontrollers recently and an analog scope doesn't do me good.

I managed to find the specs and user guide online on their official website and have read some reviews. More positive reviews towards Rigol oscilloscopes and very few for Atten, perhaps because not many are using. I know these are low-end scopes and are no competitors for a professional thousand (or ten thousand) Tek high precision scope, but many say that Rigol oscilloscopes are good value for money.

Any other suggestions on the following Rigol oscilloscopes (apart from the fact that it's Chinese made)?

eBay.com.sg: Rigol Oscilloscope 50MHz DS1052E 1G SG 1M USA warranty (item 290423301829 end time Apr 04, 2011 21:14:45 SGT)

Last edited:
Cheap junk without a detailed datasheet is cheap useless junk.

Well the RIGOL DS1052E is sitting on my bench now and I would say I am happy. To say the least, I think you're a bit biased against Chinese products. Not all of them are useless or faulty. For the same price I can't expect anything more - a 50MHz digital storage oscilloscope with support to export waveforms in various formats (WFM, CSV, BMP). You can save the data onto a USB thumbdrive or via a serial link. The PC software is good enough and I am trying out the programming manual now.

A similar TEK oscilloscope with USB storage would have cost me thousands of dollars, far beyond the reach of most hobbyists. Few months ago I saw a TEK oscilloscope supporting data export to floppy around the same price - luckily I did not purchase it.

Last edited:
Whats with all the heart searching on the subject of oscilloscopes?

Every week you ask a question about some random scope that nobody has heard of.

Make your choice, buy the thing and live with it!

But remember the pain of using a poor tool last a lot longer than the pleasure of buying it on the cheap.

JimB

Man, I would say you've made a great buy on the RIGOL scope. As far as I heard the DS1052E is a very good scope equipped with cool features at an affordable price. I know some of pro's using this one happily on their work bench. Since last year I put an eye on this model, I think eventually I'll go for it, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…