ATTIC fan project

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenbo90

Greetings all,
I bought a solar powered attic fan that I would like to also run via ultility power. The motor is rated for 36volts/13amps. The panel is only a 30watt, so I figure 18v at approx 2-3 amps. What are some ideas for attaching to ultility. I have access to a13v/13amp power supply or can I just hook up a large rheostat directly to a 15amp outlet?

Please check your numbers! 36v x 13a = 468w. A 30w solar panel will not do much for this big fan! Is the fan motor AC or DC?

Its actually a relatively small fan in stature 2.5x5in. As far as im aware its a DC motor and that 36/13 were the numbers listed on the label. I am surprised that 30w does the trick but I'm assuming it was designed at variable power input and not needing very much. The motor is 10 ohms and it was only running on 3volts when I checked it with little sun left yesterday. I was thinking of using the bigger supply and like a 50ohm 150watt pot, but now im thinking its still to much much for this motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…