Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATtiny gone mad...again: Am I out of Flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigiTan

I'm starting to have the same trouble programming this ATtiny12 that I had 1 week ago. This time it's only with Flash verification.

Things have be going good until just about an hour ago. Now, whenever I upload a program to target board, I get the message "WARNING: Flash contents differ from file...FAILED!" in the history/dialog box. I tried the chip erase that solved my problems last time, but it doesn't work.

I ran a verify and downloaded the flash contents in search of a mis-match. Reading the disassembler, I saw the first 9 instructions are completely wrong. Also, the disassembler cuts off the program at 511 bytes while AVR studio said I still had ~another 512 remaining. I see instructions are 2 bytes instead of 1, so I think the 512 figure is incorrect and I may be out of Flash. Can anyone confirm this?

It has a write endurance of 1000 writes, but I've only used about 60 of them. It looks awefully like I ran out of flash, but AVR Studio says I've only used 51.8%. What's the big idea here? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back