Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Amplifier TBA820M

Status
Not open for further replies.

learning

Please tell me whether this circuit diagram is correct or not. This time I have followed the recommended PCB design of datasheet.

Thank you !

Attachments

• tba820m.jpg
    tba820m.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 1,787
You forgot C8 that goes from pin 1, to pin 5.

Next time, it would be a good idea to keep the parts on the PCB labelled the same number(s) as on the circuit. ;)

-Ben

You forgot C8 that goes from pin 1, to pin 5.

Next time, it would be a good idea to keep the parts on the PCB labelled the same number(s) as on the circuit. ;)

-Ben

Here it is the revised circuit as per your input !

Attachments

• tba820mrevised.jpg
    tba820mrevised.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 1,003
Don't you want to put your (-) side of C4 and C5 to ground right on your board? If so, get them connected to pin #4 on your chip somehow.
Looks like you may have autorouted your board. I like to Use PCBWizard and just go in and design my own. Seems like the first thing you do after autorouting is DIAGNOSTICS. By doing your own design, you know where things go and why. This circuit could probably be done on a 2x2" board. Although having a bigger board does allow room for later adjusments.

Last edited:
Don't you want to put your (-) side of C4 and C5 to ground right on your board? If so, get them connected to pin #4 on your chip somehow.
Looks like you may have autorouted your board. I like to Use PCBWizard and just go in and design my own. Seems like the first thing you do after autorouting is DIAGNOSTICS. By doing your own design, you know where things go and why. This circuit could probably be done on a 2x2" board. Although having a bigger board does allow room for later adjusments.

I done this PCB design in realPCB of Crocodile Technology and I feel difficult to design in PCBWizard. All my PCB designs in this forum are done manually and not autorouted. See revised PCB according to your inputs !

Attachments

• revisedtba820m.jpg
    revisedtba820m.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 408
Your layout is poor, there are 0v line running allover the place.

You need to consider how to simplify the tracks and also consider the physical size of the components, not just the electrical schematic. You have some electrolytic capacitors with a 0.1" wire spacing, are you sure that is correct.

Have a look at my layout, it is a bit rough but may give you some ideas.
You can make the 0v and +Vs tracks a lot wider, this lowers the impedance and helps to make a stable amplifier.
I have streached the cole spcing on some of your decoupling capacitors, this may or may not be appropriate, depends on what you are physically using.

JimB

Attachments

• Amplifier layout.PNG
    Amplifier layout.PNG
    59.3 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:
Your layout is poor, there are 0v line running allover the place.

You need to consider how to simplify the tracks and also consider the physical size of the components, not just the electrical schematic. You have some electrolytic capacitors with a 0.1" wire spacing, are you sure that is correct.

Have a look at my layout, it is a bit rough but may give you some ideas.
You can make the 0v and +Vs tracks a lot wider, this lowers the impedance and helps to make a stable amplifier.
I have streached the cole spcing on some of your decoupling capacitors, this may or may not be appropriate, depends on what you are physically using.

JimB

Thank you for giving me your hands for my making !

Your logical and conceptual intelligence are very sharp regarding PCB designing. I admit it as I am nowhere with comparison with you. Again thank you for tracing my mistakes as I will keep this in mind !

Cool. Last I looked, I think you're pretty much there now.
After learning PCBWizard's quirks I like it, but I definitely will look at realPCB.

Here it is the revised PCB of TBA 820M as per the datasheet ! Tell me about it !

Attachments

• tba820mrevised.jpg
    tba820mrevised.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 899
Still bad......The bottum of U5/CB should go right to pin 5. Power lines should be bigger Extra Extra........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back