Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio DAC MAX9850 oscillator type

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasiong

Hi,
I'm using MAX9850 for DAC the audio signal that is digitized from the PIC. To maximize the DAC sampling frequency, I choose to have higher MCLK for the DAC, 10 MHz. Since the PIC is unable to generate that high frequency, I decided to use an external circuit to drive a crystal as the clock source for the DAC as attached. Just not sure whether this clock circuit is suitable or not, I can see from the oscilloscope that the output is closed to sine wave type. Or should I use CMOS buffer/inverter type crystal oscillator?
Besides, the oscillator is placed very closed to the IC, so maybe the noise that I hear comes from the oscillator. Maybe I should shield it.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/01/MAX9850.pdf

Thanks

Attachments

• Crystal Oscillator 1.JPG
    Crystal Oscillator 1.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 736
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back