Audio decoder from mobile phone (TRS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasserbn

I want to build a circuit that takes the audio output of the mobile phone (coming from TRS cable) as an input to control 3 or 4 relays depending on the sound frequency played on the phone.

In other words, if I played 16Khz mp3 file on the mobile phone, the circuit should switch relay #1
If I played 18Khz mp3 file on the mobile phone, the circuit should switch relay #2, and so on.

What is the recommended IC for this circuit?
I know that the output of the audio is AC 250mv Peak to Peak.

Any help?

i think you should use 4 filters according to the frequency u require, and then add transister as a switch at the output off your circuit,,,, but make sure your filters are of small and accurate bandwidth

HERE IS THE BASIC IDEA FOR IT
View attachment 67250

Last edited:
Yep DTMF was designed for reliable operating of multiple things from an audio (phone or RF) signal.

There are a few kits that have a PCB and a few relays, designed for DTMF 'phone controlled home automation stuff (like turning lights on and sprinkers on etc), so a google search would be a good idea.

Otherwise if using mobile 'phones most home automation people now use SMS type decoders, there are kits for those too but they are a bit more high tech and use microcontrollers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…