automatic generator control based on data receive by the sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisonic

Hello sir!!!..good day!!

I am graduating student and my thesis is about smart grid..formerly (SCADA)..my advicer want me to make an automated power variable output coming from different separated power source(eg. wind, solar,and hydro) the generator now automatically varies it output power based on the data receive by the sensor(wind, solar, and hydro) ..whether to max or min the generator output power..so that it can be used to a real time simulation..

..by the way the SCADA is still manually operated

i just want to find some idea how i can create a program regarding this topic..any information are thankfully and sincerely accepted....

thank you and more power..

I would not call it simple, but I did go to one lecture concerning 10 MW solar plants which I found very informative.

Each energy has source as some characteristic which need to addressed/exploited.

1 Nuclear - Hard to turn off/throttle and not very responsive
2. Wind - Take it when you can get it. Turning off, causes excess speed. You take whe you can get it.
3. Hydro - Again. somewhat of a slower response system
4. Gas/oil turbine - easy to throttle and fast responding

5. PV or any inverter based technology - Localized power factor correction. You can genrate zero voltage and some current to help medite power factor.

It's your thesis.

Other controls exist for power plants such as load shedding with the ability to turn off an AC or water heater remotely.

Your PV array, espscially if it has storage can definately help the power factor. Any inverter technology can.

You have two major parameters to control:
Voltage and frequency
The hard one to control is power factor. It's still part of the loop with capacitor banks, but inverter power can also help on a LOCAL basis.

Predictive/adaptive control might also work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…