Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic polarity switch help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon50

I am designing a circuit to operate an electrochemical pool chlorinator. It passes electricity through salt water via two electrodes to release chlorine from the sodium chloride. In this case ~24VDC @ 40A Max.

What I would like to do is have the polarity automatically reversed at the electrodes on every other cycle so that during one operating cycle an electrode is carrying a positive charge and on the next cycle that same electrode would carry a negative charge. This will prevent minerals from building up deposits on the electrodes.

I have no formal education in electronics, all I know I picked up on the internet, so the simpler the better. The thumbnail below is to a schematic of what I have so far; a regulated power supply and a high current pulse width modulator to control the amount of chlorine generated. R13 is the load.

Any help I can get is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bacon50

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back