Automatic Street Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

ertiexd125

Attach is a simple circuit for an automatic street light using LDR as sensor.
Can you suggest anything that could be an innovation to this circuit or anything you may think of that could be added to make it really innovative but the application will remain to be there which is lighting up the streets.
Help me please, ill be waiting for your replies.

Attachments

• Automatic Street Light.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 707
The circuit has a 6V relay coil that will smoke and burn when the transistor applies 11.8V to it.

Why is there a transistor? The 555 has plenty of output current to drive the relay without the transistor. The logic will be reversed without the transistor so connect the relay coil to ground instead of the the positive supply and reverse the diode. Use a 9V or 12V relay coil.

You could add some sort of bird crap detector, so it doesn't stay on during the day, after birds cover the sensor with their filth...

No, not low mounted. Mounted on the bottom of the light fixture, just like my motion operated flood light at home. The light sensor is mounted at the bottom of the fixture, which is itself mounted on the soffit of my house, about 9 feet off the ground.

My city uses electrical power for street lights. The underground wires and electricity are cheap.
Very expensive solar panels and batteries are used for low power school crossing signs and parking meter pay machines so they do not need to dig up the street to install wires.

Ever thought of putting in an "Override" switch. That way the Technician can determine if it is the Sensor, Ballast, lamp, or lack of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…