Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatisation of PCB drilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

boud2005

hi every one :)
I want to use the flatbed plotter to automate the drilling of the PCB.
Do any one knew where to buy one (like hp7225). I searched the holl web but I did not find even one.
thaks Pal

You may already know this, but there's a Yahoo mailing list called Homebrew_PCBs. They are obsessed with auto drilling and routing hardware, homemade and OEM. You may want to ask in there.

boud2005 said:
hi every one :)
I want to use the flatbed plotter to automate the drilling of the PCB.
Do any one knew where to buy one (like hp7225). I searched the holl web but I did not find even one.
thaks Pal

the "holl web" or the "whole web"?

I think you will have to make one yourself. Maybe in a couple of decades they will come out with an automated drilling system.

I personally drill each hole with a drill bit attached to the end of a toy motor. It works great, but the funny part about it is that sometimes, when I turn it off, it squeaks, LOL :lol:

to start, you will have to make yourself a printer of some sorts, but instead of using a cartridge, you use a drill. you will need to make software that makes thhis printer drill in the right spots. If I am correct, you will need at least three motors and a bunch of gears and feeder parts to do this correctly.

I have never done it and I will not begin doing it because it takes longer to do it.

Look for CNC PCB making.
I`m also thinkig of making a small CNC router for making and drilling PCBs.
A forum about CNC is CNCzone.
A student in Slovenia has also made just what you want a Home made CNC drilling machine:
**broken link removed**

Božo

it will be a fun

Hi lads
Sorry for the spelling mistakes :oops: but I speak fluently 03 languages. :D
Any way it seem a long way to do this project but always I been fascinated by the movement of any mechanism controlled by electronic and it is going to be a fun.
I found a flatbed plotter on ebay. I did bid for it. Cross finger, I will win the bid.
If I get it I will adapt the head to be able to carry the drilling mechanism.
The electronic card will be a peace of cake.
Any more ideas

I saw a machine demonstrated some years ago where you put a copper clad board in one end and get it at the other end etched and drilled. Not something you would have in your hobby shop, tho.

lost the biding

:) hi
I lost my bid for the flatbed plotter, Now I have to make the mechanism from scratch. It will be a fun.

I have an HP7475a plotter. I put it on ebay but got no bids. You can have it for the cost of shipping. I got it at a yard sale and have not tried to use it, I think it needs work because the error light comes on when I power it up. Shipment is from 03055, USA. You can find the cost from usps.com or ups.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back