Automobile lane tracking system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

I'm building a system to steer an automobile automatically down the center of a highway lane. I'm currently testing a sensor network for the system. I'm using 12 VDC input to the sensor network and getting an output of 1/2 VDC to 2 VDC when the car moves off-center of the lane. When the car is centered in the lane the sensor network output is around zero. I need an electronic circuit that will take that one half volt to two volt DC signal and will drive a 12 volt DC steering motor. Precisely, I need for the motor to turn one direction in the absence of a a signal and the opposite direction in the presence of the signal. Additionally. It would be better if the circuit responded to a voltage differential rather than an absolute voltage due to the problem of the zero point shifting around. Also, the sensor network can supply less than one ma. current so I need a circuit with high impedance input.

This sounds like the stuff you learn in a basic feedback controls course. You may want to pick up a text on this, or find resources on the internet to that end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…