Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automobile LPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centretek

Hi all,
Am having problems with an LPG conversion system fitted to an old Toyota van.
Would anyone out there have a cct schematic for an IMPCO conversion kit.
The workings seem to be arcane knowledge.
Thanx

I don't know what IMPCO stands for, but LPG sounds like more of a plumbing problem than a circuit problem. With apologies to Jean Shepard, be careful or "you'll burn your eyebrows off - kid!" What kind of a circuit do you think it is? Does it replace the distributor and the points, or is it more like fuel injectors? How old is the Toyota van?

Last edited:
What kind of problems are you having? IMPCO products are pretty straight forward, if you understand a little about LPG fuel systems.

The older LPG systems are very simple. Electronics only allow gas to flow when engine is being turned over, usually by a little black box that senses off the distributor and opens the LPG lock off valves.

Visit any LPG installer and they will guide u, and have the bits needed.

It's the little black box that is the problem. It controls the solenoid valves and also somehow converts the original fuel gauge to read the level in the LPG tank.There are a couple of chips in it but the ID numbers have been sanded off.
Therefore I need a schematic for the box.
Its basic function is to operate the gas flow solenoid once when the ignition switch is operated and from then on, it pulses to the output of the ignition breaker points.

If they went to all the trouble of sanding the markings off the IC's I'm pretty sure that the schematic is buried pretty deep as well. The engineering doesn't seem overly complex if you understand the mechanics of the LPG system. I know that doesn't help much but I think your choices may be limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back