Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automotive wideband oxigen sensor and controler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat Mason

Ok guys I looking for advice on this circuit....How does it work ? It is feasible to build a reliable unit as a electronic kit....???:confused:

I've seen a kit or plans somewhere for a wideband controller and it was a good one if I remember correctly. Let me to some digging and see if I can find it.

I have a system by Zietronics but I'd love to make my own as well. I'll post it when I track it down.

You might google on "automotive oxygen sensor" to see how the sensors work. As I understand it the sensor and companion circuitry produce a low voltage output that varies based on oxygen content. The range is limited as are the operating conditions (usually high temp). That voltage can be the input to a controller - the controller's output would be governed by the input from the sensor. You would presume that the controller's output would do something that would result in a change in the oxygen content. You might google on "proportional control" as a place to begin to understand control systems. I do not think that proportional control alone would be sufficient in this application.

Could it be a kit - probably. Reliability - uncertain and highly dependent on the builder/installer - among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back