Automotive wideband oxigen sensor and controler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat Mason

Ok guys I looking for advice on this circuit....How does it work ? It is feasible to build a reliable unit as a electronic kit....???

I've seen a kit or plans somewhere for a wideband controller and it was a good one if I remember correctly. Let me to some digging and see if I can find it.

I have a system by Zietronics but I'd love to make my own as well. I'll post it when I track it down.

You might google on "automotive oxygen sensor" to see how the sensors work. As I understand it the sensor and companion circuitry produce a low voltage output that varies based on oxygen content. The range is limited as are the operating conditions (usually high temp). That voltage can be the input to a controller - the controller's output would be governed by the input from the sensor. You would presume that the controller's output would do something that would result in a change in the oxygen content. You might google on "proportional control" as a place to begin to understand control systems. I do not think that proportional control alone would be sufficient in this application.

Could it be a kit - probably. Reliability - uncertain and highly dependent on the builder/installer - among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…