Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Autonomous cruise control

Status
Not open for further replies.

ans1991

hello, am doing a graduation project based on measuring the distance of a prototype from objects and controlling its speed ( DC motor).
i have an idea of how to measure the distance using ultrasonic sensor and 16 pic, but am having a problem in how to control the dc motor speed. Any ideas?!
Thanks in advance

Typically you would use a PID or Fuzzy Logic control loop to provide stable control of the motor. You could use PWM to control the motor speed from that.

yeah I thought about the PID control and i found that there is a simple way to do a hardware prototype about it ( by connecting a two PWM pins to an H-bridge )
But I was thinking is there a simple circuit other than H-bridge for example i read about using an NPN with a diode but i don't know what kind of diodes should I use.

If you don't need to reverse the motor then you don't need a bridge and a transistor will work. The diode just needs to have voltage rating greater than the supply voltage and a current rating equal to the maximum motor current.

But PWM just allows for varying the speed of the motor, it is not a replacement for the PID control. You still need that for a stable control loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back