AVR PROGRAMMER CIRCUIT REQUIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafhan

i am in a great need of avr microcontroller programmer...
my target controller is atmega 8..
i have seen a lots of circuits on the net but not sure that they will work..
can any body help me in programming the atmega8 ISP MODE using PC PARALLEL PORT

Google for one. Try "atmel parallel port programmer"

The first one looked good. You will need software (the one on that page was for Linux) and then move the pins to match the Mega8, from the Mega16 pins.

It looked pretty simple, 7805 and some resistors.

if u want a c to hex converter...use codevision avr.......download it frm the net....and for a programmer....make a custom one....and use the program....atprog....again download it frm the net....

hope this helps.....sid

Just a note: a few weeks ago I have tried hard to get one of these parallel port programmer to work, and I did not succeed: problems with incompatible softwares, with parallel port logical levels, with conflicting drivers, ...

A good and clean way to program an AVR is to do it with the official Atmel AVRISP. These can be purchased from Digikey or Farnell, depending on where you are living, for no more than $30 usually. They connect to the host PC through one of its serial port and if you don't have one, use a USB-serial converter.

I think that spending $30 on a working and professionnal programmer is good if it can prevent you hours of H/W debugging, especially for a beginner that is not likely to find the problem if it's something nasty (bad logical levels, ...). I prefer to spend time on my circuits and to have a programmer on which I can rely

uski

Code:
6	  sck
10	miso
7	mosi
9	rst  
8	led  
25	gnd
This is my configuration. The left numbers are on the parallel port and the connection names on the AVR are to the left. Connect resistors before connecting the sck miso and mosi lines to the AVR. Use PonyProg to program. Download the beta version. The normal one does not work
Inside pony prog in Setup->InterfaceSetup choose Parallel, andfrom the drop down menu choose "AVR ISP I/O".
If all went well, you will be OK.
Use WinAVR to compile C. Its free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…