Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BA6956AN Reversable motor driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty crappy datasheet; best I can tell from it, VREF is some kind of voltage reference to allow you to set the voltage on the output (so even if you have a higher voltage supplying it, you can output a lower voltage, I'd imagine). Not sure how it is set (current based?) - maybe thru a resistor (setting the current) tied high or low? As far as RIN is concerned, that is a real mystery; according to the block internal diagram, it leads to some kind of "amplifier" or "buffer" - but why? Not sure...? Hopefully someone else knows, or has a better data sheet. I am not really sure if these pins are strictly needed for all applications; can you tell on the DVD player where those leads go to (maybe to figure out how they work/why via a small bit of reverse-engineering)?

RONV, that data sheet is WAY better, thanks. I still question pin (6)VCC, why it says (small signal)

So, heres what I should be safe to do.

Pin 1 =5volts should do
Pin 2 and 4 =Motor
Pin 3 and 8 =Ground
Pin 5 and 6 =5volt from power supply
Pin 7 and 9 =input for direction using 10k res as they had on motherboard.

Attachments

• BA6.jpg
    BA6.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 2,025
Last edited:
And she works! Thank you so much for the Data Sheet. It appears pin 5 sets the power that goes to the motor. On the DVD motherboard they had 2 diodes, which really dont reduce the power that much, but I dont really know the power that the unit was given. I am giving it 12v, and 5v to pin 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back