Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

back-to-back zener diode problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

studystudystudy

the back to back zener diode is used to limiter the voltage across. but i don't understand why resistor is needed here. please see the attachment.

the explaination i found is the resistor is served to impede the return charge drain current rate when one or both zener diode are operational.

please explain how the resistor can impede the return charge drain.

i try to understand it, but still don't understand

your help will be deeply appreciated. thank you

Attachments

• back-to-back-zener diode.png
    back-to-back-zener diode.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 211
Please re-check the diagram. For most problems you probably would have one side of the generator connected to 0V.

hi,
Is that the full circuit.? whats connected to right side of the Vgen ?

yes, mneary, my circuit is wrong, the polarity of zener diode D2 should parallel with D1, mean, the zener diode D2, -ve should face to left hand, while +ve should connect to Vgen -ve.

so that it can be back to back. to act as the voltage limiter. but isit the resistor not necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back