Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic Electronics Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_3094

This is part 3 of my basic electronics notes.
I'm particularly unsure if I explained things properly in this one. I'm afraid there are parts in this that would be misleading.

I appreciate the efforts of anyone who would like to have a look and help me correct any errors :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Circuits3.doc
    83.5 KB · Views: 148
Been a bit busy, so I've only finished going over this now.
Have a look if you get a sec, and let me know what you think.
I'd be particularly interested to know how to better write the badly worded sections. After all, trying to explain it to someone else will teach me better too.

Thanks

Attachments

• Circuits3-Rev2.doc
    83.5 KB · Views: 123
Basic Electronics Part 3 Rev3

Attachments

• Circuits3-Rev3.doc
    82.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
hi Colin,

Had a very quick at your addendum notes. I''ll read the rest of the text later on.

The original text says:
o AC does not have a constant voltage, but rather it goes up and down like a wave (called a sine wave – Figure 2)

o As the voltage goes up and down, it goes into positive and into negative, meaning that the direction of the current also changes

You have replied:
NO The direction of the current does not change. It just gets larger and smaller = more and less.

The voltage level changes as a sine wave
The current in an 'ac' circuit DOES change direction on every half cycle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back