Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic microphone element to a speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, I was wondering if I could use an NE555 timer along with a transistor to drive a 4 ohm speaker. I dont know much at all in that area, maybe I dont even need a 555 and it can be done with a few transistors and caps. If possible provide a link or draw and post something for me. All I wanna do is drive the speaker via the mic element. Thanks in advance for any help:eek:

The max allowed output current from a 555 is only 200mA. If the 555 has a 10V supply then its max current into a 4 ohm speaker will try to be 525mA or 1.9A depending on how the speaker is connected. The 555 will blow up.

A 555 is a timer and an oscillator, not an amplifier.

Your mic needs a preamp that is designed for its type and the speaker needs a power amplifier.

Use a 64:eek:hm: speaker if you can get hold of one - it'll be much louder than an 8:eek:hm: with a restor in series with it.

A 555 is not a power amplfier. A mic feeds a preamp which amplifies its low level about 30 times, then it feeds a volume control that feeds a power amplifier. The power amplifier drives the speaker.

A 555 makes clicks, buzzes or high frequency whines and its output can be switched ibto the input of the power amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back