Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic PIC Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

baberjaved

I have been working with 8051 and PIC controllers for quite a while now but it has happened to me many times that when i connect the microcontroller on a breadboard it either doesn't work sometimes for no apparent reason or it gets fried although i seem to use the same circuit.Can any one anticipate the reason behind this?
and Can someone kindly draw me just the basic circuit required to get the PIC running (just the basic please) without any extras.
Is it mandatory to connect the MCLR pins to Vdd and so on?
Also does the values of the caps connected create a difference?

Thanks in advance!

Check my tutorials for the basic minimum circuit for a PIC, but if you're frying PIC's you're doing something SERIOUSLY wrong, they are extremely hardly devices.

I would suggest you don't use breadboards though (I never do), they aren't very reliable, and are very prone to problems.

dear friends,
i have problem when i am using microcontrller for AC switching application, out put of the mcu to the relay . when spike generated in ac ckt while relay operating, then the out put of the other or same pin of mcu going to change

Is the spike created by the AC source or the relay? Do you have a protection diode for the relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back