Basic voice modulation circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzzzzz

Hey all, currently I am working a project which does basic voice distortion, much similar to a circuit you would find inside of a cheap Halloween mask that can change your voice into a robot or at least distort it enough to produce some results.

I have been researching on how to go about this and am running into a bit of trouble while trying to implement it. I realize there are kits such as a mk171 or to refer to the main chip inside the kit the HT8950, but I would much rather implement something basic that I can understand on a component level.

I would like to have realtime input from a microphone and have some various pots controlling frequency/pitch and maybe some distortion, and then output to a speaker. I was thinking to run a lm386 with the speaker.

The easy ways I have seen to go about it or at least get some kind of result would be to multiply the input signal by another signal (maybe from a 555) with an analog multiplier chip or something similar to achieve some change, or to mix the input with another generated signal in a ring modulator.

What I am looking for is just for some intelligent input from someone who knows a lot more about this stuff than I. I am not exactly sure how to attack my project and I am interesting in hearing new or other ways to attempt it, I have been having trouble lately in trying to the modulation running and am just looking for some guidance.

Thanks.

i think a preamp(from mic) fed to the control voltage pin of astable wired 555 MAY do the ,job..!

distrotions in the preamp section of an amplifier may do the trick! experiment using difrent circuits at the preamp level. it may produce your needed signal. robot signals can be produced ( i think) by under sampling the input sequence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…