Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Charger Circuit

Hello everyone.

I have a 24 volt charger from an Ortho-Kinetics Triumph scooter, that I'm trying to use to charge 2 12v batteries in series.

The charger plug has 2 large pins which I assume are for the main charging current,

and 2 smaller pins, which I suspect are for some sort of interlock or charge rate control circuit.

The charger will only put out 22.5 volts at a low amperage, from the 2 large pins, when connected to the batteries. I don't want to do the wrong thing playing with the 2 smaller pins, and risk blowing the charger out. Does anyone know what the 2 smaller pins need to be connected to?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back