Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Charging Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu3id

Hello People..

I am doing project on simulating powertrain of a hybrid electronic vehicle on simulink. I started off with battery but the hurdle is that I couldn't find any mathematical equations or any charging information regarding the battery. BTW I am using lead acid battery. If anyone knows about the the current-voltage relation, Depth of Discharge - Capacity/Voltage/Current relation and Voltage-Temperature relation...Pls Pls let me know ASAP!

THanks

It varies with the design of the battery.

Google can help you locate some general information. I just checked lead acid battery charge discharge model and found half a million articles.

You must have the manufactures data sheet in your battery. It has the all requirements which the battery needs.

*Charging current/ maximum voltage
*Charging rate/ time
*Discharging rate/time etc…

All you can found there otherwise who knows the requirements for the batteries?

For SLA batteries it’s ok… No need too much care about them than NIMH or LI –ION.

If you are not sure about your battery you can charge them at a low rate 10%.And 0.05C 20HR discharge rate according to the battery specs……….

Please create a new thread by clicking on in the appropriate forum.

You can buy laptoppower supplies quite cheaply why are you thinking of making one unless it's purely for educational purposes?

You haven't provided enough information, what's the input voltage, what current do you require?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back