Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Connection for TFT Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

silegnav

I have purchase a TFT Monitor **broken link removed**.

The main reason of purchasing this monitor is in order to attach it to my Canon XM2 Camorder AV output and be able to see better the picture instead of the LCD display of the camcorder.

The only problem is how to attach a small battery to the monitor for power. This TFT uses 8 watts and 12 Volts.

Any suggestions. Thanks. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to fix the link.

The cheapest solution would be a small lead-acid gel battery. You should just be able to connect it up directly. You will need to have a charger.

At 8 W it take about 0.67 A. If you have a 1.2 Ah battery it will last about 1 - 1.5 hours.

A 12 V battery of 38 Ah to 150 Ah is a car or lorry battery. They would work fine but wouldn't be at all portable.

Fuses are important with batteries like that.

How are you going to charge them?

A 12 V battery of 38 Ah to 150 Ah is a car or lorry battery. They would work fine but wouldn't be at all portable.

Fuses are important with batteries like that.

How are you going to charge them?

I have solved the problem but another has risen. i have connect the TFT Screen (12V 8W) with a 12V 2.8Ah battery. The screen looks fine but after 5 seconds, the screen goes white and then starts blinking. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

I have solved the problem but another has risen. i have connect the TFT Screen (12V 8W) with a 12V 2.8Ah battery. The screen looks fine but after 5 seconds, the screen goes white and then starts blinking. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Check the voltage on the battery when that happens.

It is either the battery is flat, or the TFT screen is actually expecting 13 - 14 V.

The 12V 2.8Ah battery voltage has gone done to 8.6V so that is why the screen is blinking. This battery is connected to a 7”TFT Screen consuming power of 12V 8W. TheTFT screen is always switched off but still connected with the battery. Now the battery has gone down to 8.6V and used only for a few minutes and cannot believe that the TFT screen has consumed so much power?

Last edited:
There is no way that the TFT screen would flatten a battery like that in minutes. All the power that the screen takes is converted into heat. (OK, a tiny amount becomes light and sound but that is less than 1%). If there was that much heat, something would melt.

It sounds like the battery started flat, or it is at the end of its life.

Even though your 7" TFT screen is switched off, it may still be drawing 30mA or more from the connected 12V 2.8Ah battery causing it to slowly discharge.

creakndale

OK.

I have a pinhole camera 8V 200MA and I am attaching a 9V battery (square one). The camera after some minutes is a bit hot. Is the 9V battery too much for the camera?

Thanks.

OK.

I have a pinhole camera 8V 200MA and I am attaching a 9V battery (square one). The camera after some minutes is a bit hot. Is the 9V battery too much for the camera?

Thanks.

It might be too much, but I don't think so. If the camera is supposed to take 200 mA at 8 V then the power will be 1.6 W so it will get warm. That might not be a problem at all.

You won't get long from a PP3 battery at 200 mA

The battery has been charged. It is working well.

I have an DC adapter 9V 800mA and would like to connect it with the pinhole camera 8V 200mA.

1) Is the adapter too powerful in amps for the pinhole camera?
2) Do you think I can find an adapter which controls mA apart voltage?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back