Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery power

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew2022

how do you work out how long a 12v battery will last from the AH? e.g how long would a 70AH 12v battery last under a 5A load?

thanx

andrew2022 said:
how do you work out how long a 12v battery will last from the AH? e.g how long would a 70AH 12v battery last under a 5A load?

Just divide the AH by the current, so in your example 70/5 = 14 hours.

Bear in mind though the AH rating varies with the current drawn, and any figures are only going to be theoretical.

Mr. Goodwin,
Speaking of batteries, I want to thank you for your "AA" battery test results which are posted on your website. That is pretty interesting and useful information.

Johnson777717 said:
Mr. Goodwin,
Speaking of batteries, I want to thank you for your "AA" battery test results which are posted on your website. That is pretty interesting and useful information.

Thank you!.

I bought an analogue to digital converter that plugged into a PC parallel port, then wrote some DOS software using Turbo Pascal - the battery tests were really just playing with it :lol:

One of these days I'll probably run some more tests, in particular I'd like to try the new Duracell Plus batteries and see if they really are better.

I bought an analogue to digital converter that plugged into a PC parallel port, then wrote some DOS software using Turbo Pascal - the battery tests were really just playing with it

One of these days I'll probably run some more tests, in particular I'd like to try the new Duracell Plus batteries and see if they really are better.

Sir, that would be neat to see if they live up to their marketing claims.

Pascal? Wow, I haven't written in Pascal since I was in my first year of high school (Which wasn't all too long ago, but I suppose it is relative). I probably wouldn't know where to begin with creating a pascal program any more. I'm going to go see if they have an open source program for turbo pascal. I'd like to get back into the old stuff.

Anyhow, thanks again, I think that data is pretty powerful! :D

Johnson777717 said:
Pascal? Wow, I haven't written in Pascal since I was in my first year of high school (Which wasn't all too long ago, but I suppose it is relative). I probably wouldn't know where to begin with creating a pascal program any more. I'm going to go see if they have an open source program for turbo pascal. I'd like to get back into the old stuff.

You can download Turbo Pascal 5.5 from Borland, they have released a number of their old DOS compilers for free download (including Turbo C as well).

Battery AH

Hello,

I have found a very interesting place to learn about lead-acid batteries, this is:
**broken link removed**

This information is specially usefull for applications where deep discharges or overcharging may occur.

Regards.

Good stuff IRQ, thank you!

Mr. Goodwin, I found the Borland website which offers free downloads of their "antique" software. Good stuff. Thanks for the information!

Johnson777717 said:
Good stuff IRQ, thank you!

Mr. Goodwin, I found the Borland website which offers free downloads of their "antique" software. Good stuff. Thanks for the information!

You can also download a current version of Delphi as well, although it's the version without database support - Delphi is basically a newer version of Turbo Pascal for Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back