Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BCD to PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

I found my 555 pwm circuit and a BCD counter and wanted to stick them together, in my diagram i used simple transistors to decode the resistors, note that i wired them in series to the Rpack would simulate a n^2 value for the bits,, but IDK how to wire them up properly, as far as i can get is that i need pnp transistors,, it worked good with relays but i'd prefer transistors, so its not so bulky, any ideas??

Attachments

• bcd to pwm.jpg
    bcd to pwm.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 488
All you need is a binary comparator with 2x4 bit input. One for the counter and one to control the output. Clock/counter will give pwm frequenzy

A 4066 quad analog switch would probably work for you, Replace the 4 transistors with the analog switches.

A 4066 quad analog switch would probably work for you, Replace the 4 transistors with the analog switches.
Not mention any weaknes to analog switch, but as I see it would only provide 5 possible voltage combinations.

Not mention any weaknes to analog switch, but as I see it would only provide 5 possible voltage combinations.
In his circuit as it is drawn It would provide the same number of voltage combinations as the 4 transistors would.

Last edited:
An R-2R Ladder is often used for a digital-analog conversion since it requires only two resistor values.

An R-2R ladder network is designed to generate a current output into a a virtual ground or very low impedance load to achieve good accuracy. Feeding its output into the discharge pin will reduce that accuracy since that's not a low impedance load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back