BCD to PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

I found my 555 pwm circuit and a BCD counter and wanted to stick them together, in my diagram i used simple transistors to decode the resistors, note that i wired them in series to the Rpack would simulate a n^2 value for the bits,, but IDK how to wire them up properly, as far as i can get is that i need pnp transistors,, it worked good with relays but i'd prefer transistors, so its not so bulky, any ideas??

Attachments

• bcd to pwm.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 488
A 4066 quad analog switch would probably work for you, Replace the 4 transistors with the analog switches.

A 4066 quad analog switch would probably work for you, Replace the 4 transistors with the analog switches.
Not mention any weaknes to analog switch, but as I see it would only provide 5 possible voltage combinations.

Not mention any weaknes to analog switch, but as I see it would only provide 5 possible voltage combinations.
In his circuit as it is drawn It would provide the same number of voltage combinations as the 4 transistors would.

Last edited:
An R-2R ladder network is designed to generate a current output into a a virtual ground or very low impedance load to achieve good accuracy. Feeding its output into the discharge pin will reduce that accuracy since that's not a low impedance load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…