Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

beginer needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenwright

I am looking for help building a crudesort of paging device. I need to know how i would buid a stationary transmiter, either bat operated or ac capable of transmitig up to 100yds indoors,with a batery operated receaver thats small(size of a matchbook) that would make a loud noise when signeld. If posible I would like to have multi recievers that made differant sounds and could be indepeditly signald

THNKS FOR THE HELP
STEVEN
fhilliard8300@bellsouth.net

stevenwright said:
I am looking for help building a crudesort of paging device. I need to know how i would buid a stationary transmiter, either bat operated or ac capable of transmitig up to 100yds indoors,with a batery operated receaver thats small(size of a matchbook) that would make a loud noise when signeld. If posible I would like to have multi recievers that made differant sounds and could be indepeditly signald
Thats a gigantic request on your first post.

Let me tell you that the chances of having 100 yards, and a matchbook size transmitter are practically ZERO!

Why?

First of all, a BATTERY will most likely NOT fit IN a matchbook.

Secondly, Power is voltage multiplied by current. The more power you have, the farther you can transmit.

Third, each and every component experiences loss or inaccuracy of some sort, and cannot produce 100% satisfaction, especially if you are lacking tools like a ohmmeter or a DMM.

Four, In order for the antenna to even fit INSIDE the matchbook, it must be ridiculously small. therefore you need at least a UHF transmitter.

Let me tell you two words that makes the perfect answer to your question:

FORGET IT!

Hiya Steven,
Checkout www.oatleye.com and they have a small surface mount 433mhz transmitter/reciever pair that can transmit upto 1000 metres when run from 12 v. The transmitter is only 14mmX14mm and you can get 12 volt battery cells in AAA sizes , the same ones used in digital camera's. As for the price $14.00 OZ for the pair they certainly are cheap.

Hope This Helps

Cheers Bryan :D

Boy, mstechca has some odd attitude/ability issues... Anyway, after you spend some time studying spelling, look at the products LINX has to offer. Heres a link to their site. AND THEYRE CHEAP! Easy to implement also.
https://www.linxtechnologies.com/

excuse me, but I'm trying to prevent the individual from frustrating himself into making something that could be impossible to do, especially for a beginner.

mstechca said:
excuse me, but I'm trying to prevent the individual from frustrating himself into making something that could be impossible to do, especially for a beginner.

It's not that hard to discourage a beginner, which is why we in fact try so hard to avoid it. Exaggerating the difficulty of a task is unnecessary.

And so what if it turns out it a simple design won't be the size of a matchbook... maybe he'll find a matchbox to be ok.

It's quite possible, just not a "crude" sort of thing to get this sort of range on battery power. If "crude" means you're limited to whatever Radio Shack has, then the project's not very realistic in keeping it simple, small, and running on a battery at that range.

The aforementioned RF chips may do it, and it may not be all that complicated with them either.

akg said:
mstechca said:
and who said steven is beginner??, don't judge anyone by the number of posts.

the post is titled "beginer needs help"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back