Beko\Arcelik Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulbe

Hi
I have a arcelik motor from a beko washing machine and I want to be able to plug it in to make it spin (outside of the machine).
The motor number is 2813750400, its a 220/240V 50/60Hz, 240/650 W 3/5.5A
I have absoutely no knowledge of wiring something like this so any help would be much appreciated. There are 7 pins to connect power and I do not have the matching connector so I have no idea which pin is which.
What is the best way to get this working?
Do I need any apart from the motor, or can it just be plugged in by connecting the L,N,E to the correct pins?

Thanks
P

If its a brush motor then you might be able to run it straight from the mains.
Colour codes for washer motors sort of have a standard at least I've found this to be the case, do a google for washing machine motor connections.
It would be a good idea to use the power factor correction capacitor from the machine too, unless your just running the motor for short periods.

Last edited:
The motor has just had the brushes replaced so I assume it is a brush motor.
I dont have the capacitor, is there a standard capacitor which should be used or are they specific?
If I was to go through the pins and connect the L & N to the different pins am I likely to cause damage to the motor? I was hoping it would be trial and error until it spins.
When using the motor it could be running for an hour so could this damage it if no capacitor was used?

sorry about all the questions, but I really havent a clue

The motor will run ok without the pf capacitor, washer motors are small, your electric meter might not like large errors in pf, but I'd worry about getting it working first.
Pf caps are designed to be connected accross the mains and the machine would have had a specific value.
I wouldnt just stick mains accross various pins, you might burn out the armature if its not a parallel wound motor, also theres a tacho feedback on most that would vaporise upon such treatment.
Usually theres 2 or more stator windings and the armature winding, one of the stators goes in series with the armature but it does depend on the type of motor.
Heres a link to another site I frequent with some onfo on washer motors, I hope this is ok with the mods:

https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=22620

On this motor the 2 red wires going to the gizmo on the back are tacho feedback, you probably wont need this if yours has one (colours might be diffo but the tacho is probably in the same place), can you post some photos for us?

Be acrefull you dont blow yourself up the motor needs to be held or in a vice as it jump esp on spin speed, and dont forget to connect an earth to the case of the motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again, great help there.
If here is a link to the motor.
But as you can see I have no idea what colour the wires are.
I did read elsewhere if I connect it to a drill to the motor and spin it, a multi meter should be able to pick up voltage, is this correct?

I did read elsewhere if I connect it to a drill to the motor and spin it, a multi meter should be able to pick up voltage, is this correct?
Probably. But that still won't tell you which wires need to connect where to run the motor

I cant see the sides of the brush holders to see what colours the wires are to the brushes, plus it looks like there might be 3 wires dissapearing into the field windings still difficult to see.

That said the 2 yellows are the tacho feedback, you dont need these.

I can see blue and red connecting to what looks like the field windings, that leaves green and brown for the brushes but I cant see these, is this correct?, and the seventh wire you mention could be the green/yell earth is this correct also?.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…