Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bin 16 to 4 (or 5) bcd and 4 bcd to bin 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

david_mora

hi people, i need help with this convertions:
16 bits binary number to 4 BCD digits
4 BCD digits to 16 bits binary number
16 bits multiplied by 8 bits
16 bits divided by 8 bits.

thanks

david_mora said:
hi people, i need help with this convertions:
16 bits binary number to 4 BCD digits
4 BCD digits to 16 bits binary number
16 bits multiplied by 8 bits
16 bits divided by 8 bits.

thanks

You don't mention what processor it's for, assuming it's for PIC, there are loads of examples on the PICList.

Also, you seem confused by BCD - presumably you want to convert a 16 bit number to FIVE decimal digits (BCD is a totally different thing, and not something you would normally want to do - particularly as the PIC doesn't have BCD maths support). If you did want BCD (for some bizarre purpose?), 16 bits is 2.5 bytes BCD.

well, i need the 16 bits bynaryu number to 4 BCD digits,, because i enter a max value of 3600 from a matrix keypad, then, i must convert this 4 BCD digits to 16 bits binary number and after processing it i must print the result in an LCD, with the max value of 3600.... that is why i only ask fot 4 bdc digits..... well the pic i am using is 16f877. thanks a lot.

PD: i did enter to your page, but, since this is a titulatiion proyect, i must explain each instruction, so i will be more thankfull if you "teach" me how to make this programs (or routines). thanks a lot for your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back