biopotential amplifier - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter what Wikipedia says really, there are plenty of problems in India, not the least of which is the primative caste system - and like Audioguru said it has appalling poverty, yet at the same time some of the richest people in the world.

It's a big country, and has lots of problems - many from religion like other countries - but also has beautiful scenary and a great many wonderful people.

It probably didn't help being invaded by war mongering westerners?

Hero999 said:
Tell me where it says that?
Look in Google for Uncivilized Countries and India is listed.
Many people interchange the terms "uncivilized" with "the 3rd world".
Anther term used for a different culture is "barbaric".

audioguru said:
Look in Google for Uncivilized Countries and India is listed.
Many people interchange the terms "uncivilized" with "the 3rd world".
Anther term used for a different culture is "barbaric".

Oh man, this sounds pretty harsh. Then how about Malaysia, which is a 3rd world country too?

Okay - first thing first. Try to start this simple. Get a uA741 or any simple opamp, then do a simple negative feedback configuration on a breadboard and connect the electrodes to the body. If you can see some outputs here (especially ECG waves - the QRS complexes can be seen, but with noise pollution) then it is okay. Then, after that, build two buffers and one differential amps together.

If you want to simplify the project, an instrumentation amplifier really helps.

You obviously haven't read the rest of the thread, he's altready tried the 741 and had problems with it because it's a poor quality old op-amp.

Hero999 said:
You obviously haven't read the rest of the thread, he's altready tried the 741 and had problems with it because it's a poor quality old op-amp.

Hmm... yeah, he did have problems having the 741.

Well, I suggest building up the circuit one-by-one if one is building instrumentation amplifiers from 3 op-amps.

I did start with one op-amp first, then the differential, then put them all up with the buffers and the differential.

The opamps in an instrumentation amp IC are all matched, have very low noise and have very low input offset voltage. The resistors inside are also extremely well matched.
It would be extremely difficult to make one with separate cheap old opamps and ordinary resistors.

I guess medical scientists did that 40 years ago.

Yes, it could be terribly difficult to make homebrew instrumentation amps. There are too much errors in building them.

Thank goodness I bought the INA126 and later the AD620 from my local online retailer. It simplifies everything at best, and also, gets everything done quickly.

thank u all for ur suggestions....

It would be nice if we can stop this discussion about which country is civilized and which is not... am an Indian and proud of it... am sure u all will be proud of ur country too... we all however belong to one universal civilized religion called humanity... lets all be proud of it....

merry christmas wishes to all my friends.....

i have tried my best to get AD620 and INA 126 from the net... hope i am able to get them.... will keep u updated...

You are making a circuit that needs an intrumentation amplifier IC but you are trying to use very old opamps instead.

If you try to make a jet airplane then would you use a steam engine?

definitely not sir....

but the problem is we are not getting the ic here... i tried it... they are quoting a very high price... more than the price for which they are being sold on the net... for example an ad620 which costs 4.27$ on the net is being sold for approx. 13.75$ here... american $ i mean....

so am trying out all other possible ways of getting that IC here.... :-(

the American taxes, international courier charges, handling charges at US and the customs duty if levied by the Indian authorities will all add up. Obviously they will be costly. Perhaps one has bear the cost if one desires lab works of reasonable quality and acceptability.

hmmm.... ok...

is there anyway i can get them for a cheaper cost? i tried in bangalore and chennai.... the best i coud find was for 14$ or so....

raviram87 said:
hmmm.... ok...

is there anyway i can get them for a cheaper cost? i tried in bangalore and chennai.... the best i coud find was for 14$ or so....

Try at 080 4123 4126 Mr kirankumar
also perhaps TEXONIC might have.

An AD620A costs $6.62US at Digikey and Newark here. The average worker must work for 13 minutes to pay for one.

@sharma...
thank u so much for ur help... will try contactng him....

13 minutes to earn a AD620.... actually i dont mind that doin it rite now....

raviram87 said:
@sharma...
13 minutes to earn a AD620....
This is a HUGE world with different cultures.
Your standard of living is a lot different than mine.

raviram87 said:
@sharma...
thank u so much for ur help... will try contactng him....

13 minutes to earn a AD620.... actually i don't mind that doin it rite now....
i confirmed availability of AD620 with Micro-components at 080 4123 4126 (Mr Kiran Kumar) and is available at approximately Rs200/- amouting to $4.5
Go ahead Mr Raviram

raviram87 said:
thank u so much for ur timely help mr.sarma....

this is amazing.... will immediately contact him....
Even if they give SMD take and use it you can easily wire it up. with little extra effort.

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…