Blueray - why did they bother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hero that's still HD. It's 720P but with a few more vertical pixels.

Thunderchild, you really can't judge for yourself until you see a blueray disc compared to the original in the manner in which you typically view them. That's the only way to judge. There may be some high resolution video clips online that you can download which will show you a rough idea of what you get.

Thats true, I'll probably get a bluray player for my pc when the prices drop at bit and then start buying a few films, personally I'm not up to paying all that money yet that may make it worth while

Make sure if you're going to get a blueray drive for your PC that it's a read-write drive. That way at the very least you have massive backup storage capabilities.
I did a quick search on NewEgg and they have a blueray burner for 179 which seems reasonable to me.
Newegg.com - LG Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 6X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Internal Blu-ray Burner 8X Blu-ray Burner Model WH08LS20 - Blu-Ray Burners

Though from the sounds of it you may want to want till the price hits 125-150 or so. It's not going to plumet any time soon though, the drives cost X bucks to make and consumer demand for the drives is much more moderate than it was for DVD which dropped in price incredibly fast. If you have the money to buy a new toy considering the price and the timing I'd say that's about as good as you're gonna get for a while.

nah can't spend that on a writer that I don't really need. I'll hold on a bit and wait for the films and drives to drop a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…